rivendell glamping pods
Rivendell Glamping Pods are cute, curvy and comfortable, with huge charm and character. If you love the idea of a holiday with a difference, a touch of adventure and romance, then Rivendell is for you. Forget previous experiences of camping, at Rivendell you will enjoy many home comforts in a warm and cosy space, perfect for single travellers, couples or families of four. From the comfort of the glamping pod, you step outside to enjoy the great outdoors at first hand, perhaps strolling down to the river to enjoy some fishing. Tucked neatly into the old orchard on the farm, you will have a great deal of privacy whilst enjoying your holiday in the countryside..
Rivendell has double doors to the front, opening out onto a large decked area with glorious country views across the Tamar Valley to Devon. Enjoy meals on our all-weather dining table with reclining chairs, or relax further on one of the recliners. We have no light pollution and we’re sure you’ll love sitting on the deck in the evenings, gazing at the night sky.
We know how important kitchen and bathroom facilities are when you are on holiday. With that in mind, next to the living / sleeping pod you will have your own adjacent bathroom pod with a flushable toilet, hot shower and full sized wash basin. We have also provided a wash-up / food preparation area to the rear.
Cooking meals can be done al-fresco on our gas powered barbeque with hob – perfect for Cornish breakfasts of locally sourced produce available in the village shop at Whitstone, or from Waitrose in Holsworthy. Inside the glamping pod we have provided you with a kettle – essential for your early morning cuppa (no waiting for a camp fire!) There is also a microwave to make things quick and easy. So that you don’t have to fill up your car with the basics, we have provided saucepans, a non-stick frying pan, crockery, cutlery and utensils.
Our glamping pod was beautifully constructed with quality materials by Steve, Gary and Blaze from Microlodge in Scotland. The pod is insulated with a 4” air gap inside a watertight shell. It is quite spacious at 4.8 metres long, 2.4 metres wide and 2.6 metres high.
Facilities and Services
- The hot tub is on the deck in front of the pods, for exclusive use of glamping guests
- Flatscreen digital TV and DVD player
- Under counter fridge with freezer box
- Gas barbeque and hob
- Kitchen utensils
- Bedding and towels
- Parking in courtyard adjacent to the glamping pod
- Indoor lockable bike sheds
- Outdoor tap to wash down your equipment
- Shared children’s playarea
- Camp firepit in adjacent orchard
- Watch the chickens in their coop
- Indoor games room with wi-fi connection, table football, books, games, toys and tourist information.
- Fly fishing on the River Tamar and River Deer (please bring own licence and fishing equipment)
- Welcome tray: tea, coffee, sugar, biscuits and fresh milk